Here's what your tech pile might look like. How are you going to find that HDMI cable you need in that pasta primavera of cords and cables?
1. Place one end of the cord in your palm, with the rest of the cord hanging over the back of your hand as shown above.
2. Begin by wrapping the cord around your hand.
After winding up about 2/3 of the cord, squeeze it with your hand and pinch the middle of it.
4. Take the remainder of the cord with your opposite hand and tightly wrap it around the pinched area until you have a couple inches of cord left. Pull the very end of the cord through the loop.
And you're done!
Other cord and cable storage tips:
- 10 Things You Already Own to Wrangle and Label Cords
- Keep Extra-Long Cords In Check with a Chain Sinnet
- DIY Tangle-Free Headphones with Embroidery Floss
(Images: Vivian Kim)
Originally published: August 12, 2010