Many people moved this weekend in my neighborhood in anticipation of the start of a new school year. As a result there were piles of trash on curbs and in alleyways. Read about how my sister turned an unlikely treasure into kitchen kitsch.My sister found a poster of a photograph of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's in a trash heap in her neighborhood. The poster had torn edges and was wrinkled so she used several old picture frames to salvage the usable parts of the poster and spruce up her kitchen. This is an easy way to breathe life into old frames and repurpose larger posters.
What You Need
One large poster, several picture frames of various sizes
1. Place your poster on the floor or on a large table so you can layout the picture frames in the desired configuration.
2. Remove the glass from the frames and frame the poster in a new way.
3. Trace the glass once you have the layout just right.
4. Cut the new compositions out of the poster carefully so you leave the rest of the poster as intact as possible.
5. Re-frame the new compositions.
6. Tape up the left-over poster on your wall and mark where the holes are as a guide to hang your picture frames.
7. Hang the new frames.
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
See more How To posts
We're looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Submit your own tutorials or ideas here!
(Images: Laurie McGinley)