And what if you already have a turntable?
We think the wax-loving folks at The Laughing Papillion have done an excellent step-by-step detailed instruction. Here's what they've listed as needed components:
- A computer - desktop or laptop it doesn't matter.
- A lot of memory isn't critical but the process goes faster with more memory.
- A sound card
- Turntable for vinyl records and cassette player of you want to go from tape to digital.
- An amplifier or pre-amp (this will be discussed in greater detail).
- The appropriate cables to connect the turntable or cassette player with the amp or pre-amp with the sound card (discussed later).
- Software that will allow you to clean up your recordings after you have converted them to digital format.
- If you want to make CDs then you need to have a CD-RW drive that allow and some blank CD-R.
The rest of the detailed process here.