IKEA products have proven their value time and time again — useful not just in the way they were originally designed, but in the endless ways people have adapted them in multiple contexts. IKEA's KVARTAL ceiling mounted curtain tracks pop up everywhere, and give us plenty of ideas for installing them throughout the home.
1. Above, Emily Henderson used the system in lieu of a regular shower curtain rod in the Country Living Home of the Year.
2. A curtain, in this studio from Design Sponge, acts as a room divider, separating the bedroom from the rest of the living space.
3. This Scandinavian home was for sale a couple of years ago. It used the curved tracks to create a closet in the bedroom.
4. What kid wouldn't want this bunk bed hideout from House Tweaking?
5. Benita from Chez Larsson converted her basement into a bedroom. She used a wall of curtains to camouflage all the stored items and keep the space neat and clean.
6. We featured Killy and Oliver's hideaway office, cleverly tucked away in their Harlem apartment, years ago.
7. Ann used IKEA's curtain panels to create a bed canopy of sorts. When all pushed together, they surround her sleeping space like a cozy cocoon.
8. Duo Ventures shows how they used the curtain tracks to hide the hot water heater in their utility room.