thrifty. Save money and go green when you're mailing packages by following the tips after the jump...
- Reuse shipping materials.
- If there are labels or tape on the outside of the box that you're not able to remove, turn the box wrong-side-out. Cut the flaps open and refold the box.
- Make the gift you're sending play the role of packaging: wrap the package's more fragile contents with tea towels, scarves, etc...
- If you must use packing peanuts, try air-popped popcorn instead. Or use biodegradable packing peanuts that dissolve in water.
- Send your packages early enough to be ground transported instead of air.
- Within the city, use bicycle messengers instead of FedEx, UPS, or USPS.