Jennifer took simple, plain and inexpensive Roman shades from Target and completely transformed them with a graphic patterned fabric from IKEA — providing customized window coverings on a budget. Click above for the pics and head below for all the instructions. Give Jennifer a THUMBS UP if you find this project helpful....
SECURING THE SHADE
Jute grass Roman shade
hardware to hang your shades (should already come with the pre-made shades)
iron & board
hot glue sticks & gun
big clean space — such as floor
1. start with an existing roman blind...I just bought a neutral, inexpensive version from Target...and make sure you have enough fabric to cover the entire shade (leaving an inch allowance around the entire piece) as well as for the velcro piece that goes across the top.
2. use clean, pressed fabric...mine was a cotton blend...and lay your opened blinds on top (remove the decorative strip, you'll cover that later)
3. making sure your fabric is wrinkle free under your shade, wrap the edges of the fabric over the back of the shade...almost like your wrapping a gift. Hot glue the fabric all the way around the edge.
4. do the same for your smaller decorative piece that velcroes to the top, making sure to press the edges for a clean line
5. once you finish gluing around all the edges of the shades, fold them like they would be drawn all the way up, and press the edges
I used fabric from IKEA, purchased over 1 yr ago.
The shades are from Target.
Give Jennifer a THUMBS UP if you find this project helpful....