Maybe it has to do with growing up in California and never really experiencing a white Christmas until I went to college but I am a complete sucker for what I picture as old fashioned, New England, storybook Christmases — right down to the kind of stockings I hang by my fireplace. Actually I don't have a fireplace, so our stockings get hung near the tree! But I still was on the search for what I deemed as authentic stockings. Stockings that look like actual thick woolly socks! I found what I was looking for a few years ago from The Swell Company. The socks are long and narrow but perfect for small gifts. I've rounded up a few other sources for stockings as well including some from Etsy made from recylced sweaters. Very clever and resourceful!
• Sundance Catalog Tall Bosnian Handknit Holiday Stockings $55 each
• Etsy by Scarlettmade Set of 3 coordinating hand-knit striped stockings with a cotton muslin lining $75
• Swell Company Farmhouse Stockings $30 each
• Etsy SantasSW Old Fashioned Hand Knit Rustic Series Christmas Stocking $45 each
• Etsy mrowe Earth Wool Stocking upcylced from a wool sweater $15