If you're starting to think about fall travel, you're in luck. Southwest Airlines is celebrating its 46th birthday, and you get the gift. But the sale ends soon, so snag your flights now.
The sale is for destinations across the US, Latin America, and the Caribbean, and one way fares start at just $39. The prices are good on trips between August 22 and December 16, and yes, there are blackout dates that apply (sorry, Thanksgiving travelers).
But that doesn't mean there aren't great deals to be had: if you're traveling regionally, like from Reno, Nevada to Oakland, California, you'll find the cheapest fares at $39. But if you're looking to go a little farther afield, you can jet off to Mexico City from Houston for $99, or Atlanta to Boston for $58. You can even head to Havana, Cuba from Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for $99 on the way down and return flights for just $105. Or if you'd rather head north to, say, catch peak autumn leaf peeping, flights into smaller New England cities like Manchester, New Hampshire and Providence, Rhode Island start at $49.
Some additional sample fares:
- Atlanta, Georgia to Washington, DC for $87
- Austin, Texas to Los Angeles, California for $107
- Baltimore, Maryland to Cincinnati, Ohio for $49
- Cancun, Mexico to Los Angeles, California for $145
- Chicago, Illinois to Detroit, Michigan for $69
- Nashville, Tennessee to Charlotte, North Carolina for $54
- Newark, New Jersey to Denver, Colorado for $119
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Nashville, Tennessee for $90
- Portland, Oregon to San Francisco, California for $63
- Tuscon, Arizona to San Diego, California for $69
If you want to snag any of the above deals, you'll have to be quick: the sale ends at 11:59 PM on Thursday, June 15 in the time zone of the departure city. Happy travels!