Location: Denver, Colorado
Instead of a babyish or themed nursery I wanted to create a "modern nest" - a space that feels fresh, clean, and sophisticated with a bit of whimsy. It is truly a space that can grow with little Ian over time.The palette for the space is a cool grey with pops of yellow and turquoise. I fell in love with the crib and dresser by Muu because of their mix of wood tones and slight mid-century modern look. The crisp white of the crib and tree decals really pop against the grey walls. I also wanted to throw in some warmth and texture with things like the carved wood side table and storage baskets.
My big splurge for the space was the Jennifer Delonge glider (it took me doing some serious convincing to my husband); which I plan to re-use in a living room once it has finished its time in Ian's room. The branch mobile was a DIY project, and the burlap flags were made by a friend for my baby shower. I love all the little touches throughout the room like the book ledges, bird houses, mercury glass owls, artwork from family and friends, and projects I took on myself.
- Wall Color: Benjamin Moore - Coventry Grey HC-169
- Crib & Dresser: Ray by Muu
- Glider: Big Daddy by Jennifer Delonge
- Side Table: Viva Terra
- "Wendall" the owl lamp: West Elm
- Wall Decals: Etsy
- Custom Prints: SugarFresh from Etsy
- Owl Pillow: Dwell Studio
- Mercury Glass Owls: West Elm
- Bookcase: Ikea
- Draperies: DIY Custom project
- Drapery Hardware: West Elm
- Owls with flags: Crate and Barrel
- Wall Shelves/Ledges: Ikea
- Yarn Wrapped Letters & Burlap Flags: Made as gifts from a friend
Beautiful - thanks Sarah! Readers, visit Sarah at Mile High McG Family.
(Images: Sarah/Mile High McG Family)