The opening day of the International Contemporary Furniture Fair 2011 is a mere hours away and as usual, there will be plenty of newsworthy designs to see and designers to meet.
I love cheering on my hometown favorites so here’s a roundup of Northwest designers showcasing their goods at ICFF. All of these designers have online shops so even if you can’t make the show you can still preview their goods.
Top Row, Left To Right:
1. Grain Design: Known for their socially and environmentally aware product line, Grain will be launching several new home accessories at ICFF and NoHo Next. Image: Bound Mirror
2. Graypants: Specializing in products made with recycled cardboard, this is the company’s third year exhibiting at ICFF. According to their website, they’ve been playing with a new material so be on the lookout for some new product. Image: Jupiter Scraplight
3. Iacoli & McAllister: This design duo will be debuting several new pieces in their colorful home design collection and will also be showing their products at NoHo Next. Image: Canvas Tables
4. Urbancase: Founded in 2002 this Seattle-based company offers a contemporary range of furniture, lighting, textiles and candles. Image: The Ledge
5. Resolute: This company makes decorative lighting deisgns to specification and is based in Seattle. Image: Lola Amor
Bottom Row, Left To Right:
6. Esque Studio: Internationally celebrated glass artists, based in Portland, will undoubtedly bring a “wow” factor to their booth this year. Image: Esque Studio
7. Snow Peak: This company started in 1958 when their founder, an experienced mountain climber, decided to create camping gear that exceeded what was then available on the market. This is the ultimate source for mountain gear-heads. Image: Stove and camping gear
8. Studio Gorm: The studio was originally based in The Netherlands but the designers now call Eugene their home. Their highly functional contemporary pieces have just enough quirk to make them truly unique. Image: Wood Peg furniture