I spotted this staircase with mismatched swatches of wallpaper applied to the base of each step on the cover of the spring catalog for Serena and Lilly
. Here's the design details that made this look work...
1. A crisp white background lets the prints stand out, doesn't compete and creates plenty of negative space between them.
2. A simple color palette of navy and white with a shot of orange unifies the patterns and keeps things from looking too busy.
3. The patterns are all in a similar style making them feel curated instead of thrown together.
4. The creative location makes it feel fresh and unexpected.
MORE PATTERNED STAIRS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Step Right Up: Five Creative Stair Risers
• Look!: Stenciled Stairs
(Image: Serena & Lilly)