Q: We recently moved into a much bigger house, and while our boys Oliver (4) and Elliot (2) are still sharing a room, it's got a lot of space. I'm trying to approach decorating and filling that space by thinking of "areas" or "centers" for various activities and trying to decide which ones they would most enjoy. We all still seem to be still used to living in 750 square feet, though, as that room so far has only been used for sleeping and toy storage! Neither one has ever been very interested in toys, though undoubtedly we will still have an area for toys. But what other kinds of areas are in your kids' rooms? Here are the areas I've already thought of: (continued after the jump)
Sent by Melodie
• reading (though for us, this is in the living room)
• hiding (both boys love to turn a fort or tent into any number of things)
• play kitchen (this is in our kitchen)
• arts and crafts (this is also in our kitchen)
• music (again, in the living room near the piano)
• dress up (haven't tackled this, but am thinking about it)
Can you think of any others?
Editor: Is there anything special your boys really enjoy? Remember Tiffany's space-loving sons and the Spaceship Closet she made? Something that ties in a special interest of theirs like this is one idea. Readers, what ideas do you have?
• Got a question? Email yours with pic attachments here (those with pics get answered first)
(Image: the daily biff, 5 Tips for Organizing Dress Up Clothes)