Q: My husband and I recently bought a 100 year old flat in Mile End, Montreal. We were able to get a very good deal, being that we bought from a serious chain smoker, and that the condo is in a good need of updating. The first things to be replaced are these horrible ceiling fans. We love the moldings, hate the fans. They need to G-O. Does anyone have any suggestions for what lighting fixtures would complement the moldings?
Also, as thanks, here's my tip on how we got the SERIOUS cigarette smell out!: Several washings of TSP, followed by ammonia, floors redone, with paint. Set aside at least a week, and be prepared to be entirely grossed out by the cigarette tar juice pouring down the walls and from the ceilings. Thanks, Apartment Therapy!
Sent by Peggy
Editor: Leave your suggestions for Peggy in the comments — thanks!
• Got a question? Send us yours with pic attachments here (those with pics get answered first).