Large dining rooms might have a slight advantage when it comes to being able to easily fit more people, but having a small space means more opportunity to create a comfortable, intimate spot. We've gathered ideas for making your dining area cozy, no matter what your starting size!
The ten images from around the web that we've chosen for this post all have something in common: they make great use of what space they do have and they consciously add elements that enhance the cozy feeling. Whatever the size of your entertaining events this holiday season, remember that guests will feel enlivened when they've had delicious food surrounded by friends in a warm, friendly and intimate setting.
1) A thick round table, warm wood tones and a deep, rich red accent wall: Mara Murphy of Dutch Door Press
2) Using a big floor lamp to create a cozy feel: Photographer Emily Johnston Anderson's Chicago Apartment
3) Plush, comfy chairs to create an intimate feel: Jesse and Whitney Chamberlin of Our Labor of Love
4) Over-sized furniture in a tight nook: Nikole Herriott of Herriott Grace
5) A teeny, tiny dining booth: Kristen Stocks of Deluxa
6) Upholstered, living room furniture in a dining area: Lindsay Bentis of Thread Art and Design
7) Using a corner for a tiny built-in: Family Living via Desire to Inspire
8) Lots of pillows in a warm, comfy nook: Ruben of Errez Design renovation
9) Streamlined and simple but still cozy: Shari Markbreiter of MH Studio
10) If there's no room inside, make a cozy dining space outdoors: Husohem via Desire to Inspire
Images: 1:Mara Murphy; 2: Emily Johnston Anderson; 3: Jesse and Whitney Chamberlin; 4: Nikole Herriott; 5: Kristen Stocks and Lorie Reilly; (1 -5 via Design*Sponge) 6: Lindsay Bentis website; 7: Family Living via Desire to Inspire; 8: Ruben of Errez Design renovation; 9: Shari Markbreiter of MH Studio and 10: Husohem via Desire to Inspire