Q: I am starting to put together a nursery for my first baby, a boy due in June. I want to have an eclectic space with hints of modern. Mostly, I will be using pieces I have from around the house, along with some things that have been given to me. I want to choose things that are friendly for a baby, but will also grow with a toddler/boy. My mother has generously offered to make a quilt. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a modern quilt pattern and fabrics that would compliment the nursery now, as well as transition to a toddler/boy room in the future, as this will be an heirloom piece. Also, what size should the quilt be?
Sent by Carolyn
A little bit about Carolyn's nursery so far:
• A friend generously have me the Jack bedding from Caden Lane
• I have ordered this rug from Land of Nod
• The walls are the same blue as in the rug (they were already that color...).
• The crib (Gulliver) and changing table (really the Groland kitchen island) are from Ikea.
Editor: Quilters - can you help Carolyn out? Our idea is to check out the book Denyse Schmidt Quilts.
• Got a question? Email yours with pic attachments here (those with pics get answered first)