Colorful, fun, engaging, too big to swallow, good for visual and motor skills, wooden puzzles used to be serious business in our house. But then the kids got bigger and the puzzles just sat there. Now it's purge time; the puzzles with all of their pieces are moving on to friends with younger kids at the onset of the wooden puzzle phase, but we have found a few with phantom pieces. Here are some ideas for upcycling the remainders.
1. Make them into gift tags - Creature Comforts
2. Use them as cake toppers - Simply On The Earth
3. Turn them into magnets - mollie d
4. Turn them into drawer knobs - Good Ideas For You
5. Make Christmas ornaments - Lemon Tree Creations
(Image credits: Creature Comforts; Simply On The Earth; mollie d; Good Ideas For You; Lemon Tree Creations)