I was laughing with a friend the other day about our childhood bedrooms and the silly things that we loved about them. When I was eight, I had a huge poster of Goofy on my wall -- hung diagonally, obviously! While I wouldn't change a thing about my childhood and the silliness that abounded, it did get me thinking about my dream childhood bedroom, from an adult perspective.
I came up with a few things that I wouldn't mind having now!
1. Crystal Ball Table Lamp from Land of Nod. I'll take two! $149
2. Puppy! What kid didn't have this on his/her dream list? This one's name is Timmy. Available at your local shelter.
3. A bed that a kid can truly grow into: the Raleigh Upholstered Square Bed from Pottery Barn Kids, $499 - $1,234
4. Nautical Sheet Set from Land of Nod, to sail away into sleep on. $16 - $119
5. A favorite book, and favorite activity: Danny the Champion of the World, by Roald Dahl. $6.99 from Barnes & Noble.
6. A globe to plan adventures on! The Vintage 1960s Black Oceans Globe, available on Etsy, $75
7. A sweet, handmade print to cheer up the days. "Let the Sun Shine" in print by Slide Sideways, available from Assemble Shop & Studio, $18.
8. Lastly, a bright rug to tie up the room. This one's my favorite, a navy Chevron rug from Land of Nod, $179 - $599.
(Images as cited above except puppy image from Shutterstock)