We love a good IKEA hack and are constantly impressed with what people manage to pull off when they use IKEA pieces as a starting point for custom design projects. Now, we are definitely not promising that these ideas for future hacks...
...are the most inventive or earth-shattering, but they are ones that immediately leapt to mind when viewing these products. We thought we'd share and use it as a starting point for the always-inventive Apartment Therapy readers to in turn, share any Ikea Hacks that might be on their mental drawing board.
1. The Manger headboard (79.) as garden decor - trellis or fencing.
2. The Trondheim dresser (249.) with wallpaper/decoupage on the recessed part of the drawer fronts.
3. We always thought that a bunch of the textural paper Anno Stra panel curtains (14.99) would make for an elegant wallcovering instead of high priced grasscloth wallpaper.
4. A temporary DIY flooring option for a rental - using the Platta decking tiles (5.99) indoors as a quick fix for covering ugly vinyl tiles.
5. Less of a hack and more of a room shift - we think the stainless steel Dacke kitchen shelving unit (299.) is easily elegant enough for display in the living room.
Please add your potential IKEA hacks to the comments below....
More Recent IKEA Hacks on Apartment Therapy: