Well developed fine motor skills are essential for everyday tasks from tying shoelaces to writing legibly. Here are a few activities to promote fine motor skills at home with common toys and household items.
- Hunt for small objects hidden in putty or play dough.
- Put toothpicks through holes in a colander.
- Flip coins from heads to tails.
- Pick up matchbox cars with kitchen tongs.
- Make a macaroni necklace.
How are you helping your kids to develop their fine motor skills?
(Image: Flickr member D Sharon Pruitt licensed for use under Creative Commons)