Their virtues are many:
- they're cheap (usually $1.50)
- they're small and portable (around 4" x 6")
- they have no licensed characters
- they're easy to find (bookstores, gift shops, Amazon, etc.)
- they cover a wide range of activities and ages
There are sticker books, connect the dots, coloring, mazes, tattoos and more. My son is currently in a serious maze phase - he can't get enough and the maze books have about 50 mazes each.
Keep these little gems in mind as stocking stuffers, to pop in the mail to nieces, nephews and young friends or to stock up on before heading out on a long trip. Check them out or purchase at Dover Publications.
(Image: Carrie McBride)