Here we go: I love beanbag chairs. My pre-teen years were made so much more comfortable thanks to my big green vinyl beanbag — perfect for throwing myself into after a meltdown (which, uh, rarely happened). But oh, if only most beanbag chairs weren't a) hideously ugly an b) outrageously expensive, they would be an ideal small space seating solution.
It took some serious hunting, but here are 5 beanbags that actually don't suck — although most of them are still way out of my price range (if they are even available). Any promising designers up for a challenge?
1. Teardrop beanbag chairs actually look sophisticated in Chalet Lanel in France by Andreas Fuhrimann and Gabrielle Hächler. Similar style chairs can be found at Allure Furniture Designs. (via Design Milk)
2. A beanbag's mushy lumpy chaos is controlled by a wire frame in this cool option by Form Us With Love. (via Dezeen)
3. A lovely chair with appliqued butterflies by Bev Hisley. (via design*sponge)
4. Sailcloth beanbags from Quba & Co.
5. Tasteful beanbag poufs from West Elm.