There is a whole world of lighting available to us, in all shapes, colors, sizes and styles. When it comes to lighting our cooking, eating and entertaining area, though, there's one style we lean more heavily on for the kitchen: industrial lighting.
There are a lot of details that could make a piece feel "industrial"; there's no stringent list of requirements that a light fixture must fulfill to be categorized as such. We like to think industrial pieces are those that have a stripped down aesthetic. Pieces that highlight functionality and have a strong sense of masculinity. Fixtures that are sometimes made of industrial-feeling materials like metal. We like this style for kitchens so much because it tends to always feel like it's in place. It works well in ultra modern homes but just as nicely in country or vintage-styled homes. We've rounded up ten that are worth a look:
1) Workstead Industrial Chandelier 3 $1800
2) Restoration Hardware Vintage Barn Pendant $299 - $399
3) Crate and Barrel Eclipse Pendant Lamp $299
4) CB2 Carpenter Lamp $70
5) Circa Lighting Large Country Industrial Pendant $840
6) CB2 Victory Pendant Lamp $149
7) Restoration Hardware Industrial Pulley Double Pendant $419
8) Circa Lighting Calliope Marine Ceiling Light $420
9) IKEA 365+ BRASA $70
10) Restoration Hardware 1950s Factory Scissor Pendant $499
What are your favorite sources for industrial lighting for the kitchen or some other part of your home? Let us know!