Yes, we're referencing our own nerdiness here, but we're also calling out nerds like us who think it would be cool to have a visual genealogy of pop music or a history of the Union and Confederate armies hanging on the wall. You know, just in case you need to know when the Battle of Fredericksburg was fought (1862) or how rock historians categorize Alice Cooper's music (heavy metal/glitter).
Founded by Larry Gormley and Bill Younker, HistoryShots is a company that collects data and translates it into charts and graphs that are pretty enough to be used as decoration but accurate enough to pass as reference guides. Graphs are offset printed and can be purchased unframed, mounted, or framed.
• Conquest of Everest, $29.95
• History of Political Parties II, $29.95
• History of the Confederate Army, $29.95
• History of the Union Army, $29.95
• Cycles of Greatness on the PGA Tour, $29.95
Found via Hoefler & Frere-Jones