Agaves can easily become a centerpiece of a garden or patio. They provide a great balance to more wild growing plants or even wildflowers. They look great with trees, shrubs, and perennials. Agaves' wide range of colors can create a nice contrast when grouped with other plants.
• 1 A. montana (size: 4 feet tall by 5 feet wide)
• 2 A. potatorum (size: 2 feet in diameter)
• 3 A. attenuata 'Variegata' (leaves grow from a 5 foot-tall trunk)
• 4 A. macroacantha (size: 1½-foot wide)
• 5 A. victoriae-reginae (size: 18" across)
• 6 Agave 'Blue Glow' (leaves are 2½ feet long)
• 7 Agave Parryi with sedums, aloes, and aeonium
• 8 A. americana with Senecio mandraliscae, aloes, and resemary 'Severn Sea'
Photos: Sunset Magazine