This look is the flipside of the trend towards dark floors and white walls. It's a way to create unexpected contrast in a space, and the pairing of richly colored walls with a fluffy white rug can add a little luxury to a room...
The rooms above all incorporate white or beige carpets and rugs to lighten up the floors, while deep grays and purples bring a sense of drama. Dark colors range from accent walls, to wall-to-wall tones, to a pattern of gradated stripes. Light-colored upholstery and textiles anchor furnishings to the floors, while dark pieces seem to float.
• 1 Lane's Style on a Budget
• 2 Jen of Made by Girl's Vintage Chic Home
• 3 Nina's Elegant Modern Pre-War
• 4 The Fahden's Clearly Clean and Simple
• 5 Jen and Rob's Gothic Bungalow
Photos: Lane, Jen, Jill Slater, Allison Vallant, Sarah Rainwater