I love thrifting and hunting for new (albeit sometimes crazy) art for the walls of my home. But as I too often lack the courage to hang anything, collections of framed and unframed art accumulate on the floor. If you're anything like me, you might find these ten images of framed art just the inspiration you need to put that nail in the wall.
Along with these ten images for inspiration, here are six ideas you can implement in your own home:
- Mix sizes and shapes of frames, and even throw in some plain, unframed photographs.
- Arrange framed art around shelves and built-ins
- Leave some frames empty for a more subtle style on the wall.
- Take out the space between frames for one great wall of art.
- Try hanging objects of importance in a grouping of framed art.
- Stack the same shaped frames or mirrors on top of one another to ground a chaotic area.
MORE INSPIRATIONAL FRAMING (OR NOT)
• The Best Resources for Inexpensive Frames
• Displaying Photos Outside The Frame
• Thinking Outside the Frame: Unframed Artwork
• How To: Hang a Frame Without Leaving a Mark