We've noticed parallels between trends in the kitchen and the bath before. A bathroom is more than a room of necessity; it's a place for pampering. It should be beautiful as well as efficient and easy to clean.
Sleek, white on white, Scandinavian design keeps us coming back for more. It's a modern, clean and ongoing trend. The addition of wood adds warmth, and shades of gray add depth through the use of paint, tile, concrete, and other stone products.
If your space is small, designing for storage is crucial. This means incorporating smart solutions for counters and providing surfaces that don't become vast collectors of dust and unnecessary objects. Vanities that are lifted or wall hung make cleaning the floor much easier.
- Raina & Roberts farmhouse bathroom keeps it clean and white, with a sink insert for added storage.
- Lack of contrast makes this small white bathroom from Carvers & Schicketanz appear fresh and airy.
- The narrow wood shelf in this bathroom, from House and Leisure, is both functional and warm.
- Wall or pedestal sinks are great in tiny spaces, but under-counter casework is a huge bonus, if space permits. Check out this bathroom from Elle Decor, via Sacramento Street.
- Another beautiful vanity, as seen in this bathroom from Transitoinicial.
MORE BATHROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
(Images: as linked above)