We've fervently been making lists of 'Melbourne' things to do with our overseas visitor and have come to one conclusion – it's all about food! Every day of fun we think of contains a café as a starting off point, which got us thinking about what makes these places so special we want to share them. Along with the food, we realised what defines our favourite cafes is the décor. So we've rounded up some of our favourite inspiration elements here.
Previous image - beautiful and kooky wall treatments at Tom Phat, in Brunswick and North in North Carlton.
We get major tile envy every time we sit down for coffee in The Commercial Bakery.
Aptly named Journal has bookshelf/light source fixtures that hang above the main tables. It could be interesting to do something like this is a kitchen – easy access to recipe books.
[ Images care of breakfastout]
If you're visiting Melbourne, check them out
- The Commercial Bakery, 360 Little Collins Street, Melbourne
- Journal, Shop 1, 253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
- Cavallero, 300 Smith Street, Collingwood
- Tom Phat, 184 Sydney Road, Brunswick
- North, 717 Rathdowne St, North Carlton.