this Hudson Bay wool blanket from L.L.Bean, and we love the concept: reupholster an old ottoman with a cozy wool blanket. We're partial to plaid wool personally, and here are some of our favorite options. Of course, if you already have a wool blanket that you could spare to warm your bottom rather than your body, by all means! But here are a few other contenders should you be looking to buy: From left to right, above the jump:
- Hudson Blankets from L.L. Bean: crisp, modern and timeless stripes make for a great look.
- Plaid blankets from UK-company Toast: it looks like currently they still are only stocking summer throws, but we suspect a new batch of wool blankets will be coming soon.
- Embellished Dutch blankets from LADAK: so, technically these aren't made of 100% wool, but rather a mash-up of materials including recycled sweaters, jeans, even parts of mattresses. But they're stunning, and would look terrific turned into an ottoman.
- Balcazar throw from Sundance: made of boiled wool and silk. So pretty.
- Herringbone Throw from Sierra Trading Post: made of a cashmere/wool blend. Simple and luxurious.