This ottoman was made from this Hudson Bay wool blanket from L.L.Bean, and we love the concept: reupholster an old ottoman with a cozy wool blanket. We're partial to plaid wool personally, and here are some of our favorite options.Of course, if you already have a wool blanket that you could spare to warm your bottom rather than your body, by all means! But here are a few other contenders should you be looking to buy:
From left to right, above the jump:
- Hudson Blankets from L.L. Bean: crisp, modern and timeless stripes make for a great look.
- Plaid blankets from UK-company Toast: it looks like currently they still are only stocking summer throws, but we suspect a new batch of wool blankets will be coming soon.
- Embellished Dutch blankets from LADAK: so, technically these aren't made of 100% wool, but rather a mash-up of materials including recycled sweaters, jeans, even parts of mattresses. But they're stunning, and would look terrific turned into an ottoman.
- Balcazar throw from Sundance: made of boiled wool and silk. So pretty.
- Herringbone Throw from Sierra Trading Post: made of a cashmere/wool blend. Simple and luxurious.
And if the DIY way isn't your way, you can purchase the Hudson Bay ottoman shown above here.
This Curbly tutorial shows an ottoman that was reupholstered with a vintage wool plaid skirt! So, there's another option.
Originally published 2009-09-03 - CB