I started collecting tiles from second hand stores without any real purpose. I just knew I loved them, and until recently I was happy enough resting them against walls, putting my tea pot on them or hanging them on my fence - but now I realise they have a purpose. At some point I will have a colourful, patterned, textured patchwork tile floor or wall, it's just meant to be.
1. This stunning patchwork floor is by Ilse Crawford and covers the brasserie floor of high road house in chiswick.
2. These patchwork tiles decorated the floor of Brooke's laundry room after her DIY makeover.
3. This understated blue and white patchwork tile wall adds detail and interest without bold colours.
4. A cute patchwork floor using large tiles, bold colours and mismatched patterns.
5. This patchwork tile arrangement of remainder, sample and sale tiles adds interest to the inside of a shower.
6. A cute, country style wall using small handmade tiles.
7. This patchwork fireplace wall adds a feeling of warmth and comfort in the space.
8. This bathroom splash back was inspired by patchwork quilts and was made using antique victorian fireplace tiles.
9. Another bathroom splash back. This one combining patterned and plain handmade tiles.
(image source: 1. high road house 2. villa lagoon 3. absolutely beautiful things 4.The estate of things 5. country living 6. faith hope and charity shopping 7. red poppy interiors 8. silver pebble 9. welbeck tiles)