Back in August, we wrote about the retail trend forecast that plaid would be a must-have for fall. We were skeptical, but new wallpaper designs, carpet tiles, and other home goods have proven to us that plaid is definitely here to stay... at least for now. While we remain unsure about the prospect of an all-plaid living room, we do think...
... that plaid throw pillows are a cute, not-too-overwhelming way to bring a little tartan into the mix. We especially like the way that colorful, saturated plaid pillows look, whether layered on top of one another or used as an accent against a bright chair. For a few good examples, from store-bought to DIY versions, click through the links below.
• Plaid Pillows from Toast
• Borrodale Plaid Cushion from Toast
• Vintage 70s Plaid Pillow from Nifty Thrifty Owl
• How To: Make a Plaid Pillow from a Goodwill Jacket
• Pillows from Caravane
• Trend Watch: Retailers are Banking on... Plaid?
• Pop Tartan: Modern Plaid Carpet Tiles from FLOR
• Get the Look at Home: Mad Men Plaid Wallpaper
• Modern Plaid: Blankets and Pillows by Scholten & Baijings
• Gone Mad: Decor Goes Plaid