These rooms run the gamut from sophisticated to playful, but some common ideas are:
- Avoid the over-use of pink, and instead use it as an accent color.
- Rather than pink, try neutral colors like gray or white, or dramatic shades of purple or orange. The pink that you do use will pop against these backdrops.
- Tented beds and/or ceiling decor are a must.
- Layer bedding and pillows in a mix of colors, patterns and textures.
- Fairy lights are a nice touch, too.
- Just have fun with the theme instead of taking it too seriously. Remember that the whole princess thing is a phase and that the core of the room's design should be just as lovely even with all the princessy elements removed.
Rooms pictured, from left to right: