Although summer doesn't officially start until June 21, Memorial day always feels like the beginning of summer to me, and summer here in Texas means lounging by the pool. This year I'm inspired by the old Hollywood kind of pool party — Mediterranean homes, tiled pools, striped cabanas, the California sun. Read on for more inspiration, and some ways that you can get the look.
1. Although this luxurious pool is actually located at the Schweppe Mansion in Lake Forest, Illinois, and not in Hollywood, it has just that look of bygone excess that I crave. By American photographer Slim Aarons, via Simply Smitten.
2. I could see myself having a drink here. Elle Decor via Habitually Chic.
3. An elegant old-school tiled pool by Kathryn Ireland.
4. Wanted: pool with view of mountains. Spotted in Interiors Digital.
5. The pool at the Parker Palm Springs. Beachloverpamela via Trip Advisor and Apartment Therapy.
Want to get the look? Apartment Therapy has a few ideas.
1. Chaise lounge by Mimi London
2. Acapulco chair, sky blue on black, $495
3. 1966 Collection serving cart from DWR, $2,687
4. La Playa umbrella by Santa Barbara Umbrella
5. Angled plant stand from CB2, $129
6. White garden stool from Crate & Barrel, $129
7. Striped beach chair by IKEA, $24.99 ea
8. Tiki torches by Koyal Wholesale, 48 for $99.98. (That should light up your yard real good.)
(Images: 1. Veda House, all others: as linked above)