In Chicago right now, the weather's not so hot. There's a thin blanket of snow on the ground outside our window, but we know that sunnier days are just around the corner. To tide ourselves over until the warm weather comes, we've rounded up a selection of roof gardens from Apartment Therapy and beyond. In urban areas, roof gardens are one of the best ways to take advantage of the summer months. They've got views, they help to insulate the roof, and they make the most of every inch of space...
• 1 Rooftop Garden by Marguerite Gardens Chicago
• 2 Nolita Penthouse and Rooftop Garden from New York Magazine
• 3 Flickr Finds: Kathryn's Rooftop Garden
• 4 Edgewater Rooftop from Chicago Specialty Gardens
• 5 Readers' Rooms: Christian and Michela's Rooftop Garden
• 6 Rooftop Spaces by Wilkinson Blender Architecture
• 7 Roof Garden by mabarchitects
• 8 Garage Garden from Sweet Home & Garden Chicago
• 9 Modular Green Roofs
• 10 Michelle Kaufmann's Smart Home
Do you have an outside space you'd like to share with the Apartment Therapy community? We have a special form for sending photos and info on your garden, deck, yard, balcony or patio to the editors. Click here for the form.