When it comes to organization, a pretty display is my number one motivator. Sad but true, if the item in question is not something I see everyday— if it's tucked away in a closet or shoved in a drawer —it's bound to be in disarray. Hence the sorry state of my linen closet. Happily, there are some easy and attractive alternatives to towel chaos...
• Rolling towels keeps them neat and accessible. While simply stacking the rolls on a shelf does the trick, I love the idea of putting them in an urn —yet another attractive purpose for the classic piece— or lining them in a window box attached to the bathroom wall.
• Re-purpose a wine rack. Sadly, we rarely have enough wine on hand to fill our rack, so it would certainly be put to better use as a towel holder.
• In his book, The New Traditional, Darryl Carter suggests only using white towels for a clean uniform look that doesn't take up a lot of visual space. I love the contrast of the soft white towels against the masculine dark cabinet.
• The 2000s have ensured that everyone be aware of the many lives of an old ladder. Whether for storing extras towel or in place of a towel rack, rustic ladders and plush towels make a wonderful pair.
• Like the urn, old wine crates make beautiful storage displays for just about anything, towels and toilet paper included.
(Images: 1: via Gomestic, 2: via the Lettered Cottage , 3, 4: Better Homes & Gardens, 5: The New Traditionall by Darryl Carter, 6, 7: Real Simple)