From $1 to thousands of dollars, from high and low-tech, large and small, DIY to pre-fab or installed professionally, greenhouses can be adapted to fit any budget or region. As long as it keeps the seedlings or plants safe and lets some light in for convection, it will do the trick. Learn more about the construction and purpose of these greenhouses after the jump!
1, 3 & 4. Greenhouses built by BC Greenhouse Builders focus on structural strength and high engineering standards. They're a family owned and operated business that maintains high quality standards for fantastic greenhouses of all shapes and sizes.
2. Have lots of old windows around, or access to a scrap yard that does? You can upcycle the ones with the best patina into a greenhouse with lots of character thanks to this Instructable.
5. Make your own mini Greenhouse from an old incandescent lightbulb with this Instructable.
6. I love this one. Grow seedlings from toilet paper rolls and those plastic containers that fruit or spinach is packaged in. Check out the Instructable for more information.
7. The Los Angelas Arboretum and Botanic Gardens California features a variety of trees and plants from around the world. This is not the most sustainable greenhouse out there, but very inspiring to look at in terms of construction and greenhouse aesthetic.
8. Another cheap DIY option: Cover seedling trays quickly and cheaply (under a dollar!) with this Instructable
9. This greenhouse is similar to a tent, and great for those who move around a lot. You can get this one for close to $500.
(Images: 1,3,4: BC Greenhouses ; 2. Instructables: Greenhouse From Old Windows ; 5. Instructables: Lightbulb Green House ; 6. Instructable: Mini Seedling Greenhouse 7. RV For Sale Guide ; 8. Instructables: Mini Seedling Greenhouse 9. Trends Updates)