Wow. Where to start with this classic-yet-playful room that Jenny at Little Green Notebook made over for her two daughters. Not only did she pull together an amazing array of colors and patterns on a shoestring budget, she made (or customized) most of the pieces herself! Check out her DIY list after the jump.
The list of DIY projects in this room is lengthy, and you should definitely check out Jenny's blog post for details about all of them. In a nutshell, here's what she took on:
- Customizing the all-white duvet covers with a Hamptons-esque applique of turquoise bias tape
- Giving the plain bedskirts an extra pop of color by adding purple ricrac
- Transforming the nightstand with a coat of turquoise paint
- Similarly, taking a plain white mirror and making it shine with a rich yellow paint paint job
- Making some beautiful butterfly art using on-sale shadowbox frames
- Updating a lampshade just by switching out the shade
- Making the awesome hot-pink-framed chalkboard out of an old picture frame and a piece of sheet metal (The hanging buckets for chalk are a fantastic idea, too.)
- Giving an old paper star lantern a fresh look with a simple coat of white paint
Top all that off with some basement scores from her own house, and it all adds up to a fabulous, inspiring, livable space. Brava!
Photos courtesy of Jenny Komenda