Floor cushions and throw pillows can be a big help when you need extra seating, or just some color around the house, but they can easily get in the way. (You don't want to drown your bed or sofa in so many pillows that you can't even use it.) For a functional solution, limit the amount that you own, and stack just a few cushions on a bench, on a shelf, or in a corner. They'll be there when you need them, but they'll also be out of the way. Click through the photos above for a few possible places to stash them...
• 1 Cushions stacked on a bench in a photo from Romo
• 2 Pillows stacked on shelves in a Ferm Living photo
• 3 How To: Make "Fold, Stitch & Stuff" Floor Cushions
• 4 Shelves of cushions and throws at Nicole Farhi
• 5 Another bench arrangement from Romo
For more sources and solutions, see these posts from the Apartment Therapy archives.