• 1 Sarah Hartill, Style Editor for Canadian House and Home, chose an unexpected floral to disguise the washtub in her laundry room (featured on both Poppytalk and Design*Sponge). Perhaps because of the large scale of both patterns, the pairing with the wide black-and-white stripes of the rug really works. Don't be afraid to layer bold with bold!
• 2 Stripes in the form of a zebra print are certainly a bold choice, and here designer Kelly Rae Roberts pairs them with a bright floral for an exuberant, cheerful result. You can see more pics of Roberts' home on Decor8.
• 3 A guest room, like this one from Country Living, is a great place to go a little wild layering your patterns. Introducing a third design, like the polka-dot pillowcases, makes the room feel even more playful.
• 6 The insistent symmetry of this room by Katie Ridder makes for an elegant, restrained atmosphere, but the interplay of floral with stripes on the sofa also adds a relaxed note.
• 7 Granted, there aren't tons of stripes in this little girl's room from Living Etc, but we think that the single striped pillow is part of what makes this room feel stylish—cute without being cloying.
• 8 Stripes and florals need not go bohemian... the combination of patterns on this crisp, tailored bed (also from Living Etc) keeps it from feeling sterile or cold.