The combination of graphic stripes with elegant florals can be striking and beautiful if done properly. While rarely subtle or calm, the resulting combination can energize a room and add an interesting visual effect!
- These bold charcoal stripes create a huge amount of drama juxtaposed with a large, ornate and vintage-inspired floral graphic. With muted colors and black accents, this room is one of my favorites. Via House to Home.
- Seen on Moco Loco, Missoni's Bouquet Collection from 2010 showcased these amazing striped outdoor loungers contrasted with beautiful floral pillows. The Colors and patterns together, in a myriad of colors, are beautiful!
- This muted grey stripe, almost a seersucker, is sophisticated and calming in the bedroom. With two pillows in a bold, dark, small floral pattern are added, the whole look becomes much more dramatic. Seen on CasaSugar.
- The combination of red and teal stripes is bold in it's own right, but when you add a splash of floral, like in this image from Desire to Inspire, it amps up the volume a few ticks!
- Perhaps the boldest examples comes from UK Home Daily Mail. Bright heavy floral wallpaper contrasts vivid multi-width stripes for an effect that is not for the faint of heart!
Images: As credited above.