If you're looking for a rug, look no further than a cowhide. Like a little black dress, it can fit into a lot of situations from a casual modern home to a something more traditional or elegant (you can even throw it over a couch!). If you've got pets or small children, it's a good choice; cowhides can take a beating and they clean up easily.
As if that weren't enough, they're available at many different price points (you can find them at IKEA for around $200 and can sometimes pick them up on Craigslist for less!) and patterns that range from naturals to shocking blues, pinks and greens. I've rounded up some examples of their versatility.
- The Brick House
- Erin and Ben's Cliff May Modern
- Kerry's Modernist Take On Adobe Style
- Andrea's Family Home In Hong Kong
- Julie's Beachwood Canyon Jewel Box
- Bryan's Across The Hallway Loft
- Emily Henderson's Super Stylish Design Star Digs
- Lisa's Large Scale Project
- Mark's Mid-Century Austin Abode
- Erica and Harry Combine Forces At The Setai
Images: as linked above