As the focal point of most bedrooms, the headboard is a feature in which there lies opportunity to think outside the box. From fashionable wall decals to reclaimed window frames, check out these eight great rooms with novel bed-heads.
When I was in college, I could barely afford my diet of ramen noodles and Natty Light, let alone new furniture of any kind. Still, I always found ways create the impact of a good headboard in the bedrooms of various apartments I lived in by simply painting them on the walls. In one room I grounded the bed with a simple, modern stripe, in the next room it was an ornate rod-iron inspired silhouette. Whether you you simply depict the essence of your favorite headboard, or repurpose old pieces (like in many of these inspirational images), it doesn’t take much to create a powerful look without spending a fortune on a store-bought or custom design.
1. Natural Wood Headboard via Charlie Hibberd
2. Running Horses Mural Headboard, via SNOOP
3. Country Window Headboard via Rossana Orlandi
4. Mirror Headboard, via S.S. Waverly
5. Chalkboard Headboard, via Anthropologie
6. Old Doors as Headboards, via DESIGNSPIRATION[SK]
7. Midcentury Gothic Decal, available from Blik
8. Repurposed Pallet Headboard by Mia Abrams, via Sprig