Adding color to your home does not have to mean opting for a bright hue. Choosing a neutral color can help your space feel more grounded and help offset bright pieces, or just make a room feel finished.
While white has its place in decorating, sometimes white walls can leave a room feeling unfinished. In these ten examples from our home tours, we take a look at effective use of black and grey in a home's interior. From Brooklyn to the Bay Area, whether the home has a bold or a more subtle look, black and grey have their place in homes across the spectrum.
1. In Chicago, Illinois: Joe & Brad's Small Space with Big Style
2. In Chicago, Illinois: Mark and Patrick's Curatorial Condo
3. In Brooklyn, New York: Isobel's Inspiring Apartment + Work Space
4. In San Francisco, California: Sara's Serene and Sophisticated Home
5. In Washington D.C: Stefanie and Taylor's Black and White Luxury D.C. Loft
6. In Brooklyn, New York: Alina's Dar Gitane (Home of the Wanderer)
7. In New York City: Heather's Sky High Hell's Kitchen Home
8. In San Francisco, California: Christopher's Fine and Feathery Nest
9. In Seattle, Washington: James' Seattle Apartment With NYC Style
10. In Los Angeles, California: Jinsoo's Artful Artifice and Artifacts Loft
(Images: as linked above)