A collective gasp was heard throughout the blogosphere when Poloroid announced last year that they'd no longer be selling their iconic instant film. Not only is the instantly recognizable white-bordered style a favorite among creative types for capturing a moment, it seems the actual camera has become a source of inspiration in itself...
Here are a few items we've stumbled upon throughout the last few months that seem a testament to people's love of the Polaroid. And if you're still lamenting the film's demise - good news! The Impossible Project is aiming to take over production of the product starting in 2010. Find out more here.
- Ghost Camera, white ceramic sculpture for $60 from Yellow Owl Workshop.
- Polaroid Camera Coasters, set of eight for $12 from Etsy seller small screen designs.
- Camera Candle for $39.50 from urbancase.
- Polaroid Mirror for $29 from Design Boom.
- And we had to feature one of our favorite artists who works with Polaroids, e.soule. This little polar bear is available for $25 in her Etsy shop.