As a long-time member of the Green Thumb Club, I really admire and appreciate the beautiful plants and flowers I see in my neighbor's yards and on their stoops. A few I've come across this year made me take out my phone to capture their quirky fun; enjoy!
1. An old toy truck has a new life as a planter, Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
2. Flowers planted in a heart arrangement (with an arrow through it which is not well depicted by my photo), Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.
3. A vignette of suitcases, one playfully used as a flowerbed, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
4. A bright and over-sized chartreuse planter is a fun play on scale, Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
5. Same as above, but the wider shot gives you a better sense of the size.
(Images: Carrie McBride)