Recently, I've been exposed to some awesome open floor plans in large and small homes. I myself live in a studio so my "bedroom", "office" and "living room" are all in the same space. I really admire those who can embrace any size of an open loft or floor plan and deliver a stylishly well-put-together design. Here are some of my favorites from previous House Tours.
1. Philip & Leona have created a unique industrial space out their 2,200 square foot converted loft. Their use of dark wood and textured paint really adds such soothing sensibility to such a large space.
2. Steven Shortridge relocated half of a home onto his lot in Venice Beach, where he had reconfigured the floor plan completely. I loved his office that doubles as his bedroom.
3. This loft designed by Ochs, inside an abandoned warehouse in Brooklyn just oozes cool! I love the big soft bed that demands the attention of the space.
4. Jan and Jerry's incredible loft in the Eastern Columbia building was designed with artful collections from around the world, yet has a nice Hollywood charm to it. Every detail was immaculate and pristine.
5. I really admire how well Paul's Studio was decorated: it's clean, sophisticated and clutter-free. Paul was not afraid to fill his small space with larger furniture and hung the artwork high up on the walls. It really does create the illusion of larger home!
Images: as linked above