Fireplaces have come a long way from brick surrounds and a painted timber mantel. These days almost anything goes, and designers and architects are pushing boundaries to turn fireplaces into eye-catching statements. Check out these inspiring fireplace surrounds, from interesting tiles to glam marble and beyond.
- This woven-look tile is both organic and modern. Via Homelife.
- An insanely cool 3D black tile steals the show in this space. Via Decor 4 All.
- Patterned tiles look sweet and rustic with a raw timber mantel. Via Domaine.
- This modern fireplace uses penny tile to a great end. Via HGTV.
- Black panels flank this fireplace, with a white sculptural tile on the chimney brest. Via One Kind Design.
- I love the look of this simple, marble surround (not to mention the brass hearth). Via Dust Jacket.
- Marble tiles in a warm grey look chis floor-to-ceiling in this home. Via Sarah Richardson Design.
- A more traditional style fireplace with a beautiful piece of marble for the surround. Via Home Bunch.
- Another white marble beauty, this time with an integral, raised hearth that works as a bench. Via Sarah Richardson Design.
- The striped marble of this fireplace, surround and mantel, is particularly modern and eye-catching. Via Home Adore.
WEIRD & WONDERFUL
- Have you seen a metal fire surround before? This tall black one is incredible. Via Houzz.
- Same look, different scale: more riveted metal here. Via Live Love and Repeat.
- I'm not sure what these beautiful panels are (tiles, or possibly Richlite panels), but I'm all over the end result. Via Pinterest/Home Remodel.
- This surround is probably timber-look tiles, but they're so realistic and beautiful, who cares? Via Apartment Therapy.
- Pure glamour in gold. Via Elle Decor.