We recently moved into a new apartment and you know that, as a renter, one of the hardest rooms to update is the bathroom. Although our bathrooms are in desperate need of storage, a coat of paint and a few little fixes here and there, they are in pretty good shape. However, many times, ugly tiles, dated sinks, showers and cabinets make it difficult to make a big change.
In order to get inspired to tackle our bathrooms, I decided to look for great temporary or reversible bathroom makeovers. I hope these also help you dream up your own bathroom makeover.
And knowing how to deal with that retro tile can make a huge difference. Here are some clever ways to integrate it into your bathroom re-design:
1. Working the Vintage Bathroom Tile
Changing the wall color and shower curtain can do wonders:
2. Stephanie's Guest Bath Makeover... On a Budget
3. Before & After: Marie's Budget Bathroom Makeover
4. A $200 Bathroom Makeover Using Craigslist Finds
Changing the color of the floor, walls and cabinets can make a very bold statement:
5. Kim's Fabulous (Temporary) Bathroom Makeover
Adding different materials and textures can be a great way to break up the space and provide visual interest.
6. A $12 Rental Bathoom Makeover (again)
7. Before & After: A $25 Bathroom Restyle
Do you have any other great rental-friendly bathroom makeover tips?
(Images: as linked above)