Usually people think about decorating in terms of additions, but it's often the right subtraction that can really help a room. Over the weekend, we finally gave away the giant monolithic speakers that just didn't work in our living room. Getting rid of those 2 pieces completely changed our space, making the room appear lighter and more balanced. Click below for a few ways to lighten up your own space...
Getting rid of just one piece only takes a moment and it costs nothing. To jump-start your inner declutterer, check out the following posts from AT:
• 10 Things We Should Have Gotten Rid of a Long Time Ago
• How To: Donate and Recycle Common Household Items
• The 29-Day Giving Challenge
• The 100 Thing Challenge by Dave Bruno
• Tips for Having a Garage (or Yard) Sale
• Auction Off That Stuff!
• How To: Write a Craigslist Ad