For a lesson in combining modern style with antique pieces, Canadian designer April Tidey's interiors are great teachers. We love the pairing of a Saarinen tulip table with dark red Chinese chairs. It's an unexpected combination, but it's typical of Tidey's mix and match style. For more inspiring ideas, click through the photos above and the links below...PHOTOS 1-4: North Shore Residence
• 1 A simple backdrop shows off the sculptural lines of the chairs and table.
• 2 Details like patterned pillows and green vases enliven this neutral arrangement.
• 3 A wider shot of the space shows it divided into seating, dining, and shelving areas.
• 4 A chair by the window is the perfect resting spot for an orchid.
PHOTOS 5-7: Gastown Loft
• 5 A neutral palette ties together a hodge podge of furnishings and objects.
• 6 For storage, a wall of white cabinets under the windows keeps things streamlined.
• 7 Curated objects and magazines in neat stacks add character to the room.
PHOTOS 8-10: Bowen Island Home
• 8 Cerulean blue is a unifying element throughout this home.
• 9 A wood carving anchors the wall, while a bench defines the foot of the bed.
• 10 The nightstand holds a simple collection of books and personal objects.
For more interiors from April Tidey, click here. Thanks for the peek into your portfolio, April!
Photos by Heather Ross, courtesy of April Tidey